With 2021 drawing to a close, people are looking back at the previous decade and beginning to make their New Years Resolutions. Unfortunately, while most people resolve to lose weight or take better care of their health during the new year, it’s all too common for people to neglect their home plumbing system. So, the plumbing professionals at Streamline Plumbing have put together a list of some plumbing New Years Resolutions to consider taking on in the new year and decade to address that problem. So, besides your traditional resolutions, why not add a few of the following plumbing resolutions this year? We promise they’ll save you time and money that would be better spent taking care of your wellbeing. So, without further ado, here are some plumbing New Years Resolutions to try out this January 1:
1 – Resolve To Take Better Care Of Your Garbage Disposal
This year, resolve to take better care of your garbage disposal. To do so, make sure you clean it regularly. Also, avoid putting any of the following items down the drain:
- Coffee grounds
- Potato peels and other vegetable skins
- Fruit pies
- Celery and other harsh, fibrous vegetables
- Fat, grease, or oil
2 – Resolve To Better Maintain Your Water Heater(s)
Regular maintenance is paramount for your water heater, as with any other appliance or tool. Without it, your water heater runs the risk of premature failure. To take better care of your water heater, do the following:
- Check the pressure valve.
- Flush the tank
- Check the pilot light.
- Look out for leaks and dripping water.
- Install a carbon monoxide filter in the same room as your water heater
3 – Get an Annual Plumbing Inspection From Streamline Plumbing
Having your plumbing system inspected annually by a professional plumber is, honestly, the best thing you can do for your plumbing system. So, this year, resolve to have our team of expert plumbers out to your home or business at least once a year to perform a thorough CCTV plumbing inspection!
4 – Resolve To Save Water In 2022
In 2022, resolve to save water. Water is a precious resource that one should never waste. To help do your part for the environment and save water this year, you can do one or more of the following:
- Use the dishwasher (if you have one)
- Take your car to a drive-thru car wash instead of hand-washing it
- Install low-flow plumbing fixtures like toilets, faucets, and showerheads
- Test your toilet for leaks and repair them
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth
- Invest in high-efficiency plumbing appliances like washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters
- Hunt down and repair leaks with a passion
- Contact our plumbing professionals at the first sign of a plumbing problem
Resolve To Take Care Of Your Plumbing In 2022
Your plumbing system is essential, and it deserves the same level of care and attention that you’d give to any other part of your home. So, please make sure that you make at least one of our suggested plumbing New Years’ resolutions your own this year. After all, the better you take care of your plumbing system, the better it’ll take care of you!